Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
How do I add a link to a webpage into my email or invitation?
Insert a URL into an email or invitation
You can insert a URL into the text of your email, event-related email, or survey invitation to drive your contacts to your webpage, blog, item listing page, or anything else that's hosted online.
Before adding a link, check out our tips on getting the most out of the links in your email.
To insert a link into your email:
- Create or edit an email, event-related email, or survey invitation.
- Copy the URL for the webpage you want to link in your email.
- Place your cursor over the block where you want to add the link.
- Click the Edit this block icon in the upper right-hand corner of the block.
- Place your cursor where you want to add the link, or highlight the text you want to turn into the link.
- Click the Insert Link button in the block editor.
- Enter or edit the text you want to link to your URL in the Text to display as link field.
Paste the URL for your website into the Link URL field.
Tip: Once you've inserted a link, you can use the drop-down menu to select from up to the last ten URL's you've inserted.
- Click the Test Link button to preview your link.
Click the Insert button to finish editing the content in your block.
Note: If you're unable to Insert an especially long URL, try shortening the it with tinyurl.com or bit.ly.
- Click Save to finish editing the rest of your email.
Once you've added a link in your email you can track the click-through statistics in your email reporting.
Any links we provide from non-Constant Contact sites or information about non-Constant Contact products or services are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact.