Frequently Asked Questions
Add a link to a webpage in an email or invitation
Insert a URL into an email or invitation
You can insert a URL into the text of your email, event-related email, or survey invitation to drive your contacts to your webpage, blog, item listing page, or anything else that's hosted online.
Before adding a link, check out our tips on getting the most out of the links in your email.
- Copy the URL for the webpage you want to link in your email.
- Place your cursor over the block where you want to add the link and click Edit this block.
- Highlight the text you want to link or just place your cursor where you want to add the link and click Insert Link.
- Edit or enter the text you want to link to your URL in the Text to display as link field.
- Use the menu to style your link text.
- Paste the URL for your website into the Link URL field and click Test Link to make sure it's working.
Tip: Once you've inserted a link, you can use the drop-down menu to select from up to the last ten URL's you've inserted.
- Click Insert to finish editing the content in your block.
Note: Inserted URLs can have a maximum of 1005 characters. If you're unable to Insert an especially long URL, try shortening it with Bitly or TinyURL.
- Click Save to finish editing the rest of your email.
Once you've sent your email you can track the click-through statistics in your email reporting.
Any links we provide from non-Constant Contact sites or information about non-Constant Contact products or services are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact.