How do I add a link to a webpage into my email or invitation?
Insert a URL into an email or invitation
You can insert a URL into the text of your email, event-related email, or survey invitation to drive your contacts to your webpage, blog, item listing page, or anything else that's hosted online.
Before adding a link, check out our tips on getting the most out of the links in your email.
To insert a link into your email:
- Create or edit an email, event-related email, or survey invitation.
- Copy the URL for the webpage you want to link in your email.
- Place your cursor over the block where you want to add the link.
- Click the Edit this block icon in the upper right-hand corner of the block.
- Place your cursor where you want to add the link, or highlight the text you want to turn into the link.
- Click the Insert Link button in the block editor.
- Enter or edit the text you want to link to your URL in the Text to display as link field.
- Paste the URL for your website into the Link URL field.
Tip: Once you've inserted a link, you can use the drop-down menu to select from up to the last ten URL's you've inserted.
- Click the Test Link button to preview your link.
- Click the Insert button to finish editing the content in your block.
Note: Inserted URLs can have a maximum of 1005 characters. If you're unable to Insert an especially long URL, try shortening it with Bitly or TinyURL.
- Click Save to finish editing the rest of your email.
Once you've added a link in your email you can track the click-through statistics in your email reporting.
Any links we provide from non-Constant Contact sites or information about non-Constant Contact products or services are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact.