Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
How do I provide my non-profit and/or tax exempt documentation to Constant Contact?
Non-profit and tax exempt information
A non-profit organization can receive a 20% discount off our standard pricing when pre-paying for 6 months or a 30% discount when pre-paying for 12 months for subscription products. There is no discount when you pay monthly. Read the information below to learn how to apply for the non-profit pricing. In addition, if you are exempt from sales tax, you may submit the appropriate documentation to have your future payments to Constant Contact exempt from sales tax. This currently pertains to accounts only with a billing address in Arizona, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington State. If your billing address is another state, you are not charged sales tax and therefore do not need to provide tax exempt documentation.
Note: Once your non-profit paperwork has been submitted, you do not need to submit it again to receive the discount.
- Be sure to include your username when sending over your information to ensure we apply the non-profit status to the correct account.
- When faxing, please include a cover page that reads, ATTN: Non-profit Paperwork.
- When emailing, please include a subject line that reads, ATTN: Non-profit Paperwork.
- It may take up to 1 to 2 business days to process your paperwork once it is received.
- Constant Contact is required to collect and remit sales tax in several states. Having a non-profit or 501(c) status does not automatically designate your organization as tax exempt. Find out if we collect sales tax in your state and how to declare tax exemption.
If you are not in Arizona, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas or Washington and are:
Seeking non-profit status: You can send your Internal Revenue Service letter of 501(c) determination and username to Billing Support by
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 781-652-5100
USPS (Postal Mail):
Constant Contact, Inc.
Attention: Non-profit Paperwork
1601 Trapelo Road
Waltham, MA 02451
- Seeking tax exempt status: This status is not necessary as we are only required to collect and remit sales tax in the six states listed below.
If you are in Arizona, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas or Washington and are:
- Seeking non-profit status: You can send your Internal Revenue Service letter of 501(c) determination and username to Billing by
- Seeking non-profit and tax exempt status: You can send both your Internal Revenue Service letter of 501(c) determination and tax exemption paperwork with your username to Billing Adjustment by
Note: If you are a Canadian non-profit organization, view this FAQ for instructions on where to send documentation.
States where we are required to collect and remit sales tax: