Frequently Asked Questions
Help Overview: Using HTML or XHTML to create a Custom Code email with the Advanced Editor
Help Overview: Custom Code in the Advanced Editor
You can create emails in Constant Contact using your own custom code in the Advanced Editor. Currently you may not use custom code for Autoresponder emails. For some basic guidelines around using the Advanced Editor, please see the links below.
For additional information about working with HTML and CSS, please see w3schools.com.
- Create a Custom Code email in the Advanced Editor
- Add an image to your custom HTML or XHTML email
- Tracking links and image links in a custom XHTML template
- Add a footer or business address to a Custom Code email
- Add a "Forward Email link or button to a Custom Code email
- Add personal contact details to a Custom Code email
- Add a webpage version link to an email
- Add a sign-up button to a custom code email
- Insert a social media icon into a custom code email
- Insert the Social Share bar into a custom code email
- Restore opens tracking in a custom XHTML email
- Pasted HTML displays incorrectly and/or creates errors
- Email Footer displaying in the wrong place
- Tell if a Custom Code email draft is in HTML or XHTML
- Links aren't working in a Custom Code email
- Illegal or unsupported characters
Any links we provide from non-Constant Contact sites or information about non-Constant Contact products or services are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact.