Help Overview: Using the Advanced Editor with custom code using HTML or XHTML
Help Overview: Custom Code in the Advanced Editor
You can create emails in Constant Contact using your own custom code in the Advanced Editor. Currently you may not use custom code for Autoresponder emails. For some basic guidelines around using the Advanced Editor, please see the links below.Important: This is an advanced topic and requires previous HTML or XHTML knowledge.
- When I use the custom template, I am asked if I want to use HTML or XHTML. What should I choose?
- What are some tips for working in the Advanced Editor?
- What are some common issues with designing custom HTML templates?
- What should I keep in mind when I use CSS?
- Using your own custom email design
- Adding an image to your custom HTML or XHTML design
- Guidelines for designing custom HTML emails
- Designing a custom XHTML email
- Tracking links in a custom XHTML template
- Tracking image links in a custom XHTML template
- Why does the HTML I paste into my email display incorrectly and/or create errors?
- I made changes in the Advanced Editor and now the footer is in the wrong place. What should I do?
- Does Constant Contact do anything to my custom HTML code when it is sent out to contacts?