Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add a horizontal rule or divider into my email?
Insert a horizontal rule or divider into an email
Adding a horizontal rule or divider into an email can help split up different types of information. Some email templates include a divider block, which appears as a block instead of a line, and some do not. To find out if a template has a divider block, you will have to choose a template and click on the "Add Blocks" link to see if divider block is an option. If it does not, you can add a horizontal rule or divider.
To add a divider block:
Click Blocks on the left side.
- Look for the Content Divider or Section Divider block.
Insert the divider block either by:
- Clicking and dragging the block to your desired location in your email
Hovering your cursor over the block name and clicking the Plus button
- The block will be added to its default location in the email
- A block cannot be added if a move icon does not appear when you hover your cursor over it
Back to Top
Add a Horizontal Rule
IMPORTANT: This is an advanced topic and requires previous HTML knowledge.
To insert a horizontal rule, a straight line, or divider bar, into your email campaign:
- Hover your cursor over the block where you want to add the horizontal rule..
- Click the Edit icon on the block.
- Within the toolbar at the top of the block, click on the Code View button .
- Within the Code View window, locate which words you want the horizontal rule to appear above.
Insert the following code above the words:
You can add color, specify the width and height within the block.
For Example: <hr width="95%" color="#FF0000" size="5">.
- Replace the #FF000 with the hex color of your choosing.
The width can be expressed as a percentage or pixel value.
For Example: <hr width="95%"> or <hr width="200px">
- Borders - To specify the border around the horizontal rule, type the following: <hr style="border: 1px #000000 solid;"> . The number in front of the px is the width of the border in pixels. To remove the border:<hr style="border: 0px #000000 none;">
- Click Update & Close. The horizontal rule should appear in the block.
- Adjust the placement of the <hr> within the code if necessary. You can also copy and paste the code if you'd like additional borders in other parts of your email.
- Click Save on the block that you just edited.
- Save and Preview your email.