How do I sort a list of email addresses by domain in Excel?
Article: 000002229 Product: All
Sort a list of email addresses by domain in Excel
To sort an entire list of contact email addresses by domain in Excel:
- Make a copy of the file and open the copy.
- Click Data > Text to Columns.
- Select Delimited and click Next.
- Under Delimiters, uncheck anything that is selected and check Other.
- In the box next to Other: enter the @ symbol.
- Click Next > Finish. This will generate two columns. The second column will contain the second half of the email address containing the domain.
- Copy the second column and open the original file.
- Paste the contents of this column into this file, making sure that the information corresponds correctly.
- If the information looks correct, save the file.
- Click Data > Sort.
- Sort by the column that contains the domain name. This will group all the addresses with the same domain together.
Excel is not a Constant Contact product. For more information, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com