Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
How do I sort a list of email addresses by domain in Excel?
Sort a list of email addresses by domain in Excel
To sort an entire list of contact email addresses by domain in Excel:
- Make a copy of the file and open the copy.
- Click Data > Text to Columns.
- Select Delimited and click Next.
- Under Delimiters, uncheck anything that is selected and check Other.
- In the box next to Other: enter the @ symbol.
- Click Next > Finish. This will generate two columns. The second column will contain the second half of the email address containing the domain.
- Copy the second column and open the original file.
- Paste the contents of this column into this file, making sure that the information corresponds correctly.
- If the information looks correct, save the file.
- Click Data > Sort.
- Sort by the column that contains the domain name. This will group all the addresses with the same domain together.
Excel is not a Constant Contact product. For more information, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com