Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
How do I move or copy contacts from one list to another?
Moving contacts from one list to another
For specific instructions on how to change a contact's list, click the image below that best matches your Contacts page.
Previous Contacts Page
Improved Contacts Page
Why are there two sets of instructions? We're in the middle of providing all of our customers with enhanced contact management, reporting and new features. As a result, for a limited time you may be seeing one of two possible pages. By showing you both sets of instructions, we make sure you have the help you need.
To move contacts from one list to another:
- After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts > Manage Contacts.
- In the Lists section, click the name of the list containing the contacts you wish to move.
Put a check-mark beside each contact you want to work with.
Note: Do not use the search function to find contacts, as you will not be able to move or copy results of a search within a list.
- Select the Move or Copy radio button above the list of email addresses.
- In the drop-down box, select the list to which you want to move or copy the contacts.
- Click Go.
- The page will refresh with the number of contacts moved or copied listed at the top of the screen in green.
Depending on the number of contacts and details in these lists, the move or copy may take up to two hours to complete. To check the status of the move or copy, click Contacts > Activity.
You can update the lists for one or more contacts at a time by:
- After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts.
Search or browse for the contacts you want to update.
Note: If you don't get the results you expected, make sure you are viewing your contacts and not your lists. If needed, click "Contacts" in the left hand side to switch your view and try again.
- Place a check-mark by each contact you want to update.
Click "Add to Email Lists".
- Check the lists where you want your contacts to be included.
- Uncheck any lists (including your initial list) where you don't want the contacts to be included.
- Click Apply.