Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
How do I create a new contact list in Constant Contact?
Create a new contact list
Every time you send an email, you're going to choose who gets it by pairing it with a list of contacts. Email lists are how you organize contacts that you can email and you can create up to 1,000 of them.
- After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts.
- Scroll down to the "Email Lists" section in the left-hand menu.
Click the plus icon by "Email Lists".
Note: If you are the List Management view, you can also click "Create a new List" near the top-center of the page.
- Type in the new list name. You'll want to keep it under 255 characters.
- Press Return on your keyboard.
Once you've created an email list you can start filling it with contacts. Here are a few ways to do that:
- Add New Contacts - Add new contacts that aren't in your account yet.
- Move Contacts Over - Copy contacts from other lists into the new list.
- Hook it Up - Make this list a choice on your Text-to-Join or Scan-to-Join signup tools.
Looking for more ways to expand your reach and manage your contact lists? Try:
- Collecting Even More Contacts - Check out the many ways you can build your list.
- Get Your Lists Organized in Your Account - Get help managing lists and contacts.
- Be Large List Savvy - Find out all the tips and tricks to handling a larger contact list.