Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add contact email addresses and details?
Add contacts to your account
Before you can send an email or invitation you need to add your contacts to your account. There are several ways to do that based on how many contacts you need to add and the extra information you want to give us.
Whether you have an entire list or a single business card, we've got you covered.
- Click Contacts.
- Click Add Contacts.
- Choose how you want to add your contacts from the drop-down.
- Add a contact - Type in your contacts and any details that you'd like to store with us.
- Add multiple contacts - Copy email addresses and paste them in your account or add a handful of contacts and details manually.
- Add from file - Take a spreadsheet of your contacts along with any details and add them all at once.
- Get new contacts - Grow your list with our sign-up options.
- Import from other apps - We've got apps to work with Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Intuit Quickbooks, ACT!, Salesforce and even ways to capture contacts right from your desktop.
- Follow the steps for the method you selected to submit your contacts.
That's it! Now you can start sending emails.
Now that your contacts are in your account, you can:
- Divide and Conquer - Add tags to your contacts so that you can segment them more easily.
- Send an Email - If you drafted an email, go ahead and schedule it to be sent.
- Welcome Brand New Contacts - Welcome contacts you've added, but haven't emailed yet. Only contacts who sign up through your online sign-up (or Join my Mailing List) form receive your Welcome email automatically.
Your emails, events, and surveys can become even more successful if you:
- Break Contacts into Categories - To help improve your open rates, create more targeted contact lists.
- Clean Your List - If you forgot to clean your contact list before you added it to your account, do it now.
- Gear up for growth - Don't wait for contacts to come to you. Use our free list building tools.
- Take Control of Large Lists - Have a lot of contacts? Find out how to make a large list easier to handle.