How do I merge one list with another?
Merge contact lists
When you merge or copy contacts into other lists, the original lists won't be deleted. And don't worry, we automatically scan and remove any duplicate email addresses when you merge lists.
- After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts.
- Click the name of the list you want to copy. You can find your lists in the "Email Lists" section of your left-hand menu or, if you are using the List Management view, in the center of your screen.
- Select all of your email addresses by clicking the check box in upper-left corner of your results. You've got to select at least one contact before the menu bar of choices will appear.
- Click "Add to Email Lists" in your menu options.
- Leave the existing list checked and select the additional list where you want the contacts to appear.
Note: You can also click "Create a new email list" to make a new list option.
- Click Apply.
All of the contacts have been copied into that new list. Don't forget, you can also copy a single contact or delete a list if you no longer need it.
To check the status of a merge with over 100 email addresses, check the activity page. Want to let new subscribers join the list? Just add it to your sign-up form.