Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
What is the Spam Checker? How do I use it?
The Spam Checker
Constant Contact developed a content-filtering tool that may help increase your email delivery rates to contacts. It helps assess how some spam filters may look at the contents of your email before you actually send it. The Spam Checker checks the body, the header (including subject line), and the footer.
To use the Spam Checker:
- While editing your email, click the Spam Check button located at the top of the email. Your rating displays above the content of your email.
- Note: In the Classic Wizard, click the Preview button located above the Archive Preview button on the upper-left side of your email. Then click the Anti-Spam Check button.
- Review and edit as many of the content flags as possible before sending the email.
- You can click Spam Check again and your rating will update accordingly.
- Higher risks mean that your email faces a greater possibility of not being delivered to contacts who block mail for content-related reasons. Find out what to do after you calculate your spam risk.
- Low risks are preferred because they indicate you have fewer content-related issues. Read why low risks do not guarantee successful email delivery to all contacts.