How do I preview a draft of my email online and in my inbox?
Article: 000001878 Product: Email Marketing
Preview and send a test email
- The steps to test an AutoResponder email or a survey differ slightly.
- Some features of the email do not work in an email's preview version. If you want to test all features, send a live test version of the email to yourself.
- Test emails are unlimited to verified email addresses, but there is also a limit of 50 test emails, in a 24 hour period, sent to non-verified email addresses.
To preview and send a test email:
- After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > My Emails.
- Locate the email you'd like to preview in the list on your My Emails page.
- Preview your email from either the:
- Thumbnail View - Place your cursor over the thumbnail on the left side of the email row.
Details View - Click Actions > View.
Click to view larger image
Note: Check your pop-up blocker if the preview is not working.
- In the Email Addresses box in the left pane, add up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas (no space required).
- Type a personal note to let the people receiving the test know why they are seeing it.
- (Optional) Check the "Send both HTML & Text versions" box to send the two versions. By default, you send only the HTML version.
- Click Send.
Back to Top
After previewing your email:
- Make It More Attractive - Get ideas for improving the overall look of your draft.
- Check the Content - Don't forget to spell-check and spam-check the content.
- Schedule Delivery - Send the final version to your contacts now or schedule it for a future date.
Want to get some hands on training to boost your Email Marketing skills? Attend one of our Bootcamp workshops in your area.