Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
How do I save my Excel file of email addresses as a .CSV file?
Saving an Excel file as a .CSV file
You may want to save or resave your Excel file of contacts as a .CSV file to reduce the chances of errors occurring during import.
CSV files generally cause fewer errors than Excel files with .XLS extensions-- especially if you have copied and pasted any information into the spreadsheet or if the file contains a macro.
To save an Excel file as a .CSV file:
- Open Excel and open the file containing your contact list.
- On the Excel toolbar, select File > Save As. A dialog box pops up.
- Type a new name for the file in the File Name text field.
- In the "Save as Type" drop-down menu, scroll down to locate and select CSV (comma delimited).
- If you see a message that the file type doesn't support multiple worksheets, click OK.
- If you see a message that the file may contain features that may not be compatible with the file type, click Yes to continue.
- Close the file and exit from Excel.
Note: You can also import your email list as an Excel file (.XLS) if the list is on one worksheet. If the list spans more than one worksheet in that file, only the first sheet is read and processed.