How do I determine an image's file size and dimensions before I upload it?
Determine an image's file size and dimensions
To avoid display issues with an image, make sure the file size and dimensions are within the acceptable guidelines before you upload it into MyLibrary.
Files should be about 350 kilobytes (1 KB = 1,000 bits/bytes) or less and no wider than 800 pixels when you upload it.
Find the file size and pixel dimension of a file from a:
Note: If your image is already uploaded, you can correct some display issues from within your email by editing the image size or scaling the image size to a block.
To find the file size and dimensions of an image that is currently on a webpage:
- View the image URL in your web browser.
- Place your cursor over the image, and right-click (PC) or Ctrl-click (Mac).
- If you're using:
- Internet Explorer - Choose Properties.
- Firefox - Choose View Image Info.
Safari - Choose Inspect Element and then click on Images on the left-hand side. Click on the image and view the properties in the Styles section on the right-hand side.
Note: Safari doesn't display the image file size, but you can typically Ctrl-click to save the image and view the properties.
- Chrome - You'll have to have install an app that lets you view the properties within the browser.
- Locate the "Size" line that shows the image's file size and the "Dimensions" line to see the height and width in pixels..
To find out the file size and dimensions of an image that is stored on your computer:
- Open the file where the image is saved.
- Place your cursor over the image icon, and right-click if you are using a PC or Ctrl-click if you are using a Mac.
- Choose Properties.
- Click the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the:
- Image section - To view the image dimensions.
- File section - To view the image file size.