Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
How do I open an email draft so I can continue working on it?
Open a saved email draft to continue working on it
You can continue working on any email draft you've created, as long as it has not been sent to a contact list yet. To edit previously sent emails, copy the email. The steps for editing Autoresponder emails are different.
- After logging into Constant Contact, click the Home tab.
- In the Recent Work section, click the pencil icon for the email name that is in Draft status.
- If it is in "Scheduled" status, unschedule your email. After you unschedule your email, the Schedule page will display.
- If it has a "Sent" status, copy the email.
You can access all emails that you have ever created from the My Emails page.
To open an older email draft, so you can continue working on it:
- After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > My Emails.
- Locate the email on your My Emails page that you would like to edit.
- To open the email from your My Emails page's:
- Thumbnail View - Place your cursor over the email's row and click “Edit” .
Details View - Click Actions > Edit.
Once your email draft is open, go ahead and:
- Make It Look Its Best - Try these tips for great looking emails.
- Send a Test Version - See how your email looks in your inbox or send copies for others to review.