Tips for getting more contacts to open an email
Improve email open rates
There isn't a "one size fits all" standard for judging email open rates since they can vary by industry, but by following a few simple suggestions, you can improve your chances of getting your contacts to open your email:
- Write a Great Subject Line - Make your subject line stand out and spark interest (without looking like spam).
- Make It Recognizable - Would you open an email from a sender you don't know? Probably not. That's why you should use the same easily recognizable From Name with every email you send.
- Stay Remembered - Remind your contacts why they signed up for your list and that your email is safe by adding a Permission Reminder.
- Remain Relevant - Segment your contact list or use tags to send more targeted emails.
- Set a Frequency - Set expectations with your contacts about how often they'll hear from you. Then, keep your promise.
- Clean Old Lists - If your list is a little old, it's probably time to clean out your inactive or outdated contact information.
- Land in the Inbox - Use authentication and the Spam Checker to help keep your email in your contacts' inboxes and out of their junk mail folders.
- Time It Right - Find the best time to send to get the most opens from your unique contact list.
Keep practicing these tips with every new email you create and your open rates will get better and better!