Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re test driving our products, getting started with your marketing efforts or taking them to the next level, we've got the answers to your questions.
How do I export my email list?
Exporting a contact list from Constant Contact
There are several reasons why you may wish to export your contact list from Constant Contact. Exporting your list doesn't remove it from Constant Contact but allows you to keep a back-up file on your computer and use spreadsheet programs to better analyze your data.
- Click Contacts.
- In your left-hand menu, click the group of contacts you want to export or search for your contacts.
Select all of the email addresses that displayed by clicking the check box in the upper-left corner of your results.
- Click "Export" in the menu.
- Choose the fields you want to include in your export.
- Click Export Contacts.
- Click "Activity" in the yellow sub-menu at the top of your screen.
Click "Download Export File - X Contacts" for your recent request. The X will be the number of email addresses you are exporting.
Note: It may take a few moments for that link to be available. Click the refresh icon in the gray bar for the most updated information.
- Depending on your browser, a pop-up message will give you the choice to save or open the file.
- Click Save and choose your desktop as the location for the file.
- Sort the list in Excel by the fields of data that matter most to you.
- Do you want to export a list of contacts who opened a particular email?
- Are you interested in converting a TXT file to a XLS?