Frequently Asked Questions
How do I export my email list?
Exporting a Contact List from Constant Contact
There are several reasons why you may wish to export your contact list from Constant Contact. Exporting your list doesn't remove it from Constant Contact but allows you to keep a back-up file on your computer and use spreadsheet programs to better analyze your data.
- Click Contacts.
- In your left-hand menu, click the group of contacts you want to export or search for your contacts.
- Select all of the email addresses that displayed by clicking the check box. Then click Export.
- Choose the fields you want to include in your export. Then click Export Contacts.
- Click "Activity"
- Click "Download CSV" or "Download Excel" for the export you just completed.
Note: It may take a few moments for that link to be available. Click the refresh icon in the gray bar for the most updated information.
- Depending on your browser, a pop-up message will give you the choice to save or open the file.
- Click Save and choose your desktop as the location for the file.
- Sort the list in Excel by the fields of data that matter most to you.
- Do you want to export a list of contacts who opened a particular email?
- Are you interested in converting a TXT file to a XLS?