Why don't my images display in the email?
Images are missing from my email
While the are a few reasons why images may not show up in an email you've sent, the problem is typically specific to the viewer's email program. Fortunately, there are ways to help contacts who let you know that the images in your emails aren't showing up.
- Email Program's Settings - Most email clients have a setting that let contacts display or block images automatically. Some email clients' settings, like those in Outlook 2007, are pre-set to automatically disable certain types of images.
- Firewall or Spam Filter - A firewall or security program on your computer may be blocking the images, such as MXlogic to block images.
- ISP or Mail Server Issue - An ISP or mail server is blocking your images and you need to whitelist our IP addresses.
Improper Image URL - If you didn't add an image from your Image Library and, instead, added it by inserting an image web address, then the image URL should be:
- Complete - The URL needs http://, the domain name, and file extension (JPEG, GIF, or PNG). A real domain name is required and IP Addresses (ex. - 192.168.0.4) will not work.
- Reasonably Short - To create a shorter URL for your image, try a third-party link shortener like http://www.tinyurl.com.
- Public - Your images can't be hosted on a private external website, e.g. your corporate or personal website.
- Deleted Image - If you deleted an image from your MyLibrary after adding it to an email, the image in your email will appear as a red X.
- Add a Web Version Link - If you add a link to let contacts view the email as a webpage, contacts who can't see images can click to see your email's full HTML version.
- Send a Test to a Few Accounts - Preview and test send your email to yourself. For best results, send a test version to email accounts set up with a few common email programs (Gmail, Yahoo, etc,). Learn more about the display variations that can be found in different email programs.
Back to Top
*Any links to external Web sites and/or non-Constant Contact, Inc information provided on Constant Contact pages or returned from Constant Contact Web search engines are provided as a courtesy. They should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact of the content or views of the linked materials.