Reviewing and understanding your email's Open Rate
Article: 000001622 Product: All
About email open rates
You can find out who opened your campaign emails and use that information to improve your future emails. Keep in mind that your email open rate may be higher than reported because not all email opens are trackable.
- Click the Email tab, then the "Reports" link just below it.
- In the Emails section, find the campaign you wish to review. In the Opens column you can see the open rate and the number of unique opens.
Note: It can take up to 1 hour for an open email to appear in the the Opens report.
- Click the hyperlinked number of unique opens to view the detailed reporting for that email campaign.
- Review the statistics at the top of the report. This includes the total number of Unique Opens, the Open Rate for the campaign, your average open rate across all campaigns, and the Industry Average open rate (if you've provided us your industry).
- Review each Unique Open. If any contact opened your email more than once, only their most recent open will display here.
- (Optional) If you need to see who opened your email campaign multiple times, you can switch the Display dropdown to All Opens.
The percentage of opens is calculated by dividing the number of Unique Opens by the number of emails sent, excluding the number of bounces.
5 individuals were sent an email; 1 email bounced; 2 individuals opened the email.
The Open Rate is calculated as follows: