Frequently Asked Questions
Obtain permission to send email campaigns to your contacts by using Confirmed Opt-in
What is Confirmed Opt-in?
Confirmed Opt-in (a.k.a. double opt-in) is the strictest way to obtain permission to send email campaigns. It requires a contact to respond to an email confirmation in order to be added to your list. If the contact doesn't respond, he or she won't receive any further campaigns from you and will be listed as awaiting confirmation.
If you turn Confirmed Opt-in on, it'll only apply to people who sign up for your list using one of your sign-up buttons or links. Turning Confirmed Opt-in on does not automatically send a confirmation email to existing contacts or contacts that are manually imported into your account. These contacts will only get confirmed if a confirmation email is manually sent.
- Click My Settings.
- In the Other section, click "OFF" next to Confirmed Opt-in.
- Read through the details of the confirmed opt-in process and when you're finished, select "Confirmed Opt-in - On".
- Click Next.
- Read and check off each statement on the screen that displays.
- Click Finish.
Once Confirmed Opt-in is enabled, the following automatically happens:
- Any sign-up buttons or links for your account require new contacts to confirm permission with the confirmation email.
- The sign-up box in your email communications requires new contacts to confirm permission with the confirmation email.